Tuesday 16 December 2014

The Poppy - Shrine of Remembrance Melbourne

Here's a stunning success of the Grasshopper to Analysis/BIM workflows with the assistance of the Geometry Gym tools.

John Noel of Irwin Consult in Melbourne emailed me earlier today with some images of a stunning feature recently added to the Melbourne Shrine of Remembrance.

Here's some images by John Gollings which are featured on the Irwin website and this article.
http://architectureau.com/articles/shrine-of-remembrance/


I look forward to visiting this in my pending return to Victoria.  You can read more about the details of this project at the  ARM Architecture website and Irwin Consult website.  Grasshopper, GSA and Revit were involved in the design and documentation of this stunning feature.


Congratulations to all involved.  If you've work that's published/built and it involved the Geometry Gym tools, please let me know and I will be glad to promote it on the blog.

3 comments:

  1. Great article i like your post so much. It is really wonderful one.online scholarship essays is very nice to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jon,

    First of all, I really enjoyed reading your updates on geometry gym. This has been my go to blog, since i came across it early this year.

    Getting to the point though, I use GSA OASYS in day to day basis for structural analysis and my question is: Is there is a way to analyze curve model while keeping the line still in curve? (from what I understood, GSA will convert these arc to multiple bent straight line along the arc)

    Thanks

    Kind Regards,
    Jong

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great sharing...I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. Web Design Sydney.

    ReplyDelete